Main Period: Victorian - Federation
Leadlight apparent at No’s 2, 20, 12, 16 & 18.
Blairgowrie Street is named after Blairgowrie, a town in Scotland. The Blairgowrie Estate was auctioned in 1886 and included 10 lots at the north eastern end of Blairgowrie Street . Most of the development appears to have taken place between the late Victorian years and in the years prior to World War 1. Many of the lots are very small and so are many of the houses.
No 2 is an early Californian bungalow (c.1918) with light in a three panel casement window on the left, in the front door panel, sidelight & top and in the fanlight and in a three panel casement window on the verandah. The leadlight is beautiful and displays the influence of Art Nouveau.