Main Period: Federation - Interwar
Leadlight apparent at No’s 1, 2, 3, 9, 10, 11, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 23, 24, 27, 28, 29, 30, 32, 37, 38, 39, 40, 42, 44, 50, 51 & 52
Stanton Road is a significant part of the 2nd Subdivision of the Haberfield Estate obviously taking its name from the Stanton Family. Lots were offered for sale on 1903 and some of the early buildings near the Sloane Street End were completed in that year. Those built within the St David’s Estate were built later so there is a gentle shift in the architecture and the leadlight design in Stanton Road from Sloane Street to O’Connor Street. As the years progressed the sidelights became wider and the designs became increasingly influenced by Art Nouveau but, with few exceptions, was limited to the front entrance.
Stanton Road is the spine of the 2nd Subdivision of the Haberfield Estate that was offered for auction in 1903.
The St Davids Estate was a later part of the 2nd Subdivision in 1903-4.
No 1 is a Federation house with leadlight in the front door panel, sidelights, tops and fanlight that seem to be covered in clear glass.