A repository of photographs of leadlight in homes in the Inner Western Suburbs of Sydney.
This page is under construction.
Main Period: Federation - Interwar
Leadlight apparent at No’s
Dobroyd Parade was a significant part of the Dobroyd Point Estate owned by the Haymarket Permanent Land, Building and Investment Company. It runs right around Dobroyd Point from Hawthorne Parade to Waratah and Wattle Streets. Unusually, only it had houses on one side of the street. The reason was quite obvious though because the other side of the street was water! Now much of Dobroyd Parade fronts onto the A4 Western Distributor and the M4 East extensions are making their presence felt. Subdivision appears to have commenced around 1910 and continued till 1915. Some of the lots have very elevated positions. There is just about every style of house in Dobroyd Parade: from the Federation period to the 1960's. Most could be described as good, some bad, and a small number are just ugly.
No 7 is a late Bungalow with leadlight in a small window on the eastern side and a three panel double hung window in an angled bay window that has convex glass rectangle in it.