Main Period: Federation - Interwar
Leadlight apparent at No’s 4, 5, 13, 14, 15 & 17
The Jeffrey's 5th Subdivision brought Gower Street into existence in 1910.
Gower Street (together with Euston Road) was part the 5th Subdivision of the Jeffrey’s Estate described as Fernhill on the Hill in 1910. Almost half of the houses have been significantly modified but some have retained their original features and their leadlight.
No 4 is a Federation house (1912) with leadlight in a three panel casement window on the veranda and in a three panel casement window on the right. The design is very ‘ovalate’ with a pastel blue border.