top of page
A repository of photographs of leadlight in homes in the Inner Western Suburbs of Sydney.
Main Period: Victorian - Federation
Leadlight apparent at No's 21, 27, 30, 37, 38, 41, 45, 50, 52, 64B, 64, 66 & 76.
Beach Road was previously known as Glen Street with the western end known as Belmore Street (see the advertising flyers on the right for the Gladstone Estate 1883 and also 1884). By the time of the Durham Estate Auction in 1894 the whole street is shown as Beach Street.
Because of the early auction dates here are a lot of Victorian houses and semi-detached dwellings in what is now Beach Road as well as some Federation cottages that have retained their original leadlight.
No 21 has is an early Federation house with leadlight in the two top panels of the front door and in the fanlight. The design is very geometric and similar to the leadlight in some of the other houses in the street and in the area.
bottom of page