Main Period: Victorian - Federation
Leadlight apparent at No’s 18, 26 & 35.
The land in Charlecot Street is shown as being Edward Bayly’s Ground in 1882 and again in 1889. The name Charlecot possibly derives from Charlecote in Warrick England. From the nature of the buildings in the street it can be assumed that the lots were sold in the late 1880’s and possibly developed after the depression years of the early 1890’s. There are lots of late Victorian early Federation semi-detached houses in the street and if these were built in the 1890’s during the depression years it is understandable that they did not have leadlight when built.
No 18 is a semi-detached Federation house with leadlight in the front door panels. It is a good later addition.