DULWICH HILL

Pigott Street

Main Period: Victorian -  Federation - Interwar

Leadlight apparent at No's 4, 10, 17, 21, 31, 35, 36, 51, 53, 57 & 67.

Pigott Street was formerly known as ‘Cambling Street’ and appears as far back as the 1874 subdivision of the Lewisham Estate Petersham. It then appears in the 1892 Lewisham West subdivision of 1892. This was not a good time to sell land as the country was in a great depression in the 1890’s.

There is a real mix of dwellings starting with Victorian terrace in mansions through to Federation semidetached dwellings through to small California bungalows. There is a real mix of dwellings starting with Victorian terrace style mansions through to Federation semidetached dwellings through to small California bungalows and the leadlight that remains reflects the changes in aesthetics over this period..

 

Pigott Street

No 2 is a block of Interwar flats with leadlight in a three panel casement window in the first floor stairwell.

No 2 Pigott Street Interwar Flts Three P

© 2019 Colin Webb